Zola Jesus Live At Roadburn CD
Zola Jesus is the stage name of Russian American musician Nika Roza Danilova. Under the name Zola Jesus, she has released a number of genre bending EPs and albums. Her approach is a cross pollination of electronic/industrial, classical, and gothic sounds. All of it coming together as a dark and emotional artistic experience.
Jacob Bannon (Converge) about inviting Zola Jesus for his curated day at Roadburn Festival 2018.
“I first heard Nika’s work on the “Stridulum” EP (Sacred Bones, 2010). Every aspect of the release connected with me and it soon became a daily listen. The record (and all of her work) was relatable and infectious. I’ve been an avid listener ever since. Watching her artistry grow and deepen over time has been inspiring. “Okovi”, the latest from Zola Jesus is such a powerful album. I am truly honored to have Nika and Company at Roadburn 2018 as part of my curation.”
- Nika Roza Danilova - vocals, synth
- Alex Degroot - guitar, electronics
- Louise Woodward - viola
- Mixed and mastered by James Plotkin
- Audio registration at Roadburn Festival 2018 by Marcel van de Vondervoort and his team
- Front sleeve artwork by Oejerum:
- Sleeve by Maurice de Jong