Wolves In The Throne Room Live At Roadburn CD
- Special 10 year anniversary edition of the WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM break through live performance at the prestigious Roadburn Festival.
- New artwork by Chimaire Noire (Wolves In The Throne Room/Profound Lore)
- Special green vinyl copies will only be sold at Roadburn Festival 2018 in April.
- Vinyl includes poster
- Release on vinyl and cd
Wolves in the Throne Room re-imagined black metal as an ode to rain storms, wood smoke and the wild energies of the PacificNorthwest. They are considered as one of the most potent and highly regarded bands in heavy metal today. Now, a portal into their mythic ethereal heathen landscape opens once again.
Wolves’ performances are all about channeling emotions and luring the audience into a meditative state; Aaron Weaver has gone so far as to say he wants people to “lay on the floor and cry” during the shows. The songs each contain several parts, from the soaring climax of “Vastness and Sorrow” to the trance-like introduction of “Cleansing”, making the album feel like an epic journey through desolate worlds and beautiful landscapes. Indeed, the band cites post-metal giants Neurosis as an inspiration for how their music “operates on a deep and intense mythical level”. Wolves’ music is a very personal experience; there is no fist-pumping, there are no mosh pits, only your mind and the places – majestic, bleak, burned and reborn, that the music takes it. Seeing the band live is an experience that can’t be recreated anywhere else, but Live at Roadburn is a suitably fierce and meditative addition to Wolves’ excellent catalogue. (Sputnik Music)
The performance was recorded live at the Roadburn Festival, April 19, 2008 at 013, Tilburg, Netherlands. Mixed and mastered at Torture Garden Studio, Oss, Netherlands.
- Vastness & Sorrow 10:30
- Face In A Night Time Mirror Pt.1 15:58
- Cleansing 10:25 (Not on vinyl)
- I Wil Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks And Roots 20:40