The time has come. All though I don't know if time is that important if you are under the spell of the almighty BONG - Band UK. Anyhow: the box set of the sets Bong played at Roadburn Festival 2010, 2012 and 2014 are now combined in a proper box set on cd and vinyl. Check the link below. Pre-order is on!
- This is a pre-order! Items will be sent out 1st week of November 2018.
- Special James Plotkin mastering 2018, also of the 2010 set we released separately before.
- Limited to 300 copies worldwide (100 gold, 200 black)
- Vinyl box set will be 3 full color sleeves and 3 cds in full color wallets in a box set.
- CD box will be 3 cds in full color wallets in a box set.
- Listen to the full sets here: https://roadburn.bandcamp.com.
- Pre-order is live here.
On the triple-set release we get a neat showcase of the three, four and five person line-ups of Bong, the core trio of Dave Terry and two Mikes, Smith and Vest, with Benjamin Freeth joining on Shahi Baaja in 2012 (those unmistakable twinkling zoings on ‘Dreams of Mana Yood Sushai’), and then Pete Ryde a further addition on guitar for 2014. Mike Vest’s guitar is all intense dread psych, from endless dirt krssshhhh, to a hurricane wheeling and whirling churn. ‘Trees Grass and Stone’ is stunning, starting with fully ten minutes of just pure wild electricity, like you’ve plugged your mind into the thick fuzz cable. There’s unhinged insect skittering at the end of ‘Dreams of Mana Yood Sushai’, and great crackling thunder shards of guitar are thrown down at the end of ‘Onward to Perdondaris’. Across the band’s releases, Vest seems to be assisting Dave Terry’s bass in a shadowy heist where they’ve constructed some sort of occult sonic drill which just grinds and grinds away, threatening to break into the abyssal vaults of the universe’s sonic consciousness. (Echoesanddust)
For fans of: Om, Ufomammut, Bongripper
- Onwards To Perdondaris - live
- Wizards Of Krull- live
- Mana Yood Sushai-live
- Trees, Grass And Stones-live
- Polaris- live
- Out Of The Aeons – live
- In The Shadow Of The Towers-live